Mosaic Wealth Strategies is a female-focused firm, born of our passion for helping women just like us feel financially confident so they can have peace of mind and spend their time on the things that bring the most meaning to their lives. We understand the unique needs of women, and see things that other advisers frankly miss. Knowing this, we’ve designed a process that specifically guides women to financial success.
When facing a significant life change, many women experience periods of increased worry or even fear due to uncertainty about their future. Times of transition can leave you feeling overwhelmed with your financial life, intimidated, and stressed out about money. At this point, most women don’t have time to deal with it and don’t want to manage things themselves, but they don’t know where to turn.
Sound familiar? We have faced many similar challenges in our own lives, so we understand the importance of finding a caring, well-qualified, advisor who will listen, empathize and provide ongoing support and guidance toward making wise decisions.
Guiding You Through Life’s Transitions
We have found that each financial decision affects every other financial decision. As such, we examine every aspect of your financial life as it relates to your whole financial picture, alleviating your concerns, and providing a clear plan to help you live a financially confident life. As your advocate, we work with you, your attorney and your accountant to make certain that each piece of your financial life fits together into a cohesive targeted plan.
COMMON TRANSITIONAL QUESTIONS
- DIVORCE: Will I be okay financially? I don’t know anything about investing; what should I do? What if I decide to remarry?
- WIDOWHOOD: Should I stay in my home? Will I be able to live on one income? What if I decide to remarry?
- SECOND MARRIAGE: Should I get a prenuptial agreement? Should we merge our accounts? How do I handle leaving an inheritance for my children?
- UNEXPECTED EARLY RETIREMENT: How can I increase my income? What if I need to dip into my retirement accounts? How will I find another job?
- RETIREMENT: How can I be sure I won’t outlive my assets? What if inflation comes back? What if I need long-term care down the road? How can I make the most of my Social Security benefits? How can I save on taxes?
- EMPLOYMENT CHANGE: Should I accept this new offer? How will this change affect my financial picture? What should I do with my old retirement plan? How can I make the most of my new company’s benefit plan options? Should I make any changes in my budget?
- ELDER CARE: How can I help my parents when I live so far away? They’re starting to become forgetful; what if it’s dementia? What if they can’t live alone anymore? What steps do I need to take now so that I can ease the burden on my family when I encounter aging issues?
- INHERITANCE: Should I pay off debt? Should I buy something special? How will my taxes be affected?
- EDUCATION: How much can I afford to pay for my children’s education and still retire? Should I pay for graduate school? What about student loans? How do 529 plans work?
Our Planning Process
We begin with a complimentary introductory conversation that will help determine whether our planning philosophy and process are a good fit for what you need. If we decide together that we are not a good fit for each other, then we will try to help you find a resource that can better fit your needs.
The discovery phase enables us to gather sufficient information to understand your goals and current situation and to develop a list of key concerns that need to be addressed. At this point, we will be able to determine the time required and our fee for the work you would like for us to complete. In everything we do, our goal is to provide real value that is also cost-effective for our clients. That’s why this part of the process is offered on a complimentary basis.
During our interactive Planning Meetings, we ask lots of questions designed to address everything we need to know to develop your customized financial plan and recommendations.
Examining a variety of scenarios and variables, we look at the “what-ifs” and how they might affect your finances. Topics include investments, budgeting, insurance, education, employee benefits, business planning, retirement, and estate and legacy planning.
Bringing it all together, we deliver and discuss your financial plan, including the plan summary and action plan.
We guide you through each step in your action plan to help make certain that coordinated solutions are put in place to accomplish your goals in the most efficient and effective way. Once everything is in place, we make certain you are able to access up-to-date information as well as any other services you may need.
We provide ongoing support and advice to all of our clients. With most families, there are financial decisions (such as those involving a job change, major purchases, etc.) that are made throughout the year. We want to be the first call you make when faced with a financial challenge or opportunity. Our high level of support offers a unique opportunity to have a financial advocate who helps with all types of financial decisions, in real-time, as they occur.
On an annual basis, we re-evaluate your financial plan, taking into account any changes and making sure you are still meeting your goals. This ensures your continued peace of mind.